You can ask for apostilles and legalisations in two ways: at the courthouse centrale balie or in writing.
If you would like to ask for an apostille or legalisation in writing, provide the following information by letter:
- whether you want an apostille or legalisation
- for what country the documents are intended
- in what language you would like it (Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish or Italian)
Send the letter with the original document to:
Rechtbank Noord-Holland, locatie Haarlem
2003 BR Haarlem
Rechtbank Noord-Holland, locatie Alkmaar
1800 BG Alkmaar
Don’t forget to put your address in the letter. You can also put the letter into the letterbox. The letterboxes are located at: Jansstraat 81, Haarlem and Kruseman van Eltenweg 2, Alkmaar.
Will I get an acknowledgement of receipt?
- If you hand in the documents at the courthouse, you can get a copy of the covering letter, with a stamp showing the date of receipt, from the doorman/messenger.
- If you send the documents by regular post, you won't get an acknowledgement of receipt.
- If you send the documents by registered post, you get an acknowledgement of receipt from PostNL.